Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you
We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you open an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, contact customer service, or interact with us on social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account information, such as your username and password;
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing address;
- Optional information you may choose to provide, such as your social handles, makeup and color preferences, age range, gender; and
- Any other information you choose to provide, such as product reviews, responses to surveys or quizzes or to receive customer support.
Information about your use of our Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the products you buy or express interest in.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, including:
- Other users, such as through our refer-a-friend program or e-gift card offerings. If you choose to participate in our refer-a-friend program or purchase an e-gift card for someone else, we will collect information about your friend (such as a name and email address) in order to invite your friend to shop with us or send them their e-gift card.
- Third-party social media services. When you access the Services through a social network, we collect information about you from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name and email address.
- Other unaffiliated third parties, such as advertising networks, media monitoring companies, and publicly available sources.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
Information we collect by automated means
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the emails we send, such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribes;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, referral activity, and which emails you may have opened);
- Information about activity in our stores, such as through closed circuit TVs for security monitoring or geofencing to identify traffic in our stores; and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
We may associate this information with your Austin’s Surf Camp account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with Austin’s Surf Camp.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to deliver the products and Services you request, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you (such as on our digital properties), and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Create and manage your online accounts and profiles;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including to tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Complete the transactions you request, perform our contractual obligations, and use as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews, to engage with other customers, and to post on social media;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs or other promotions;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, purchasing history and browsing behavior;
- Monitor, audit and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Carry out short-term activities and other internal uses related to the products or services you purchase from us or your ongoing relationship with us;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Detect, investigate, and respond to security incidents and protect against illegal or objectionable activities, including the unauthorized use of the Services, and protect the rights and property of Austin’s Surf Camp and others;
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law, or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research.
Who May Have Access to Your Information
Within Austin’s Surf Camp: We may disclose certain of your personal data to Austin’s Surf Camp affiliates and personnel who need to know the information for the purposes described above, including personnel in the customer service and information technology departments.
Third-Party Service Providers: We may use third party service providers acting on Austin’s Surf Camp’s behalf to perform some of the services described above. For example, we share certain information with service providers who assist with the processing of credit cards and payments, hosting, managing and servicing our data, distributing emails, conducting research and analysis, advertising, analytics, or administering certain services and features. We also may share information about you with our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers and bankers, if needed. These service providers may change over time, but we will always use trusted service providers who we require to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and, as appropriate, in accordance with our instructions and the provisions of this Policy and applicable law.
Other Third Parties: In certain limited circumstances, we share and/or are obligated to share your personal data with other third parties, including (a) to comply with our obligations, to protect the rights and property of Austin’s Surf Camp, our customers and the public, to cooperate with law enforcement investigations, and to detect and respond to suspected illegal activity and threats to the health or safety or any person or of our systems or services; (b) in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, joint venture, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business, assets or stock by another company (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and/or (c) with your consent and at your direction.
When you provide a product review or post other user content, that content may be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post. In certain instances, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
Your Rights and Choices
Managing or deactivating your Austin’s Surf Camp account
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile, contact, payment and shipping information, at any time by logging into your Austin’s Surf Camp account. You may also deactivate your Austin’s Surf Camp account by emailing [email protected]
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Web Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your browser. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your browser.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button or the Twitter “Tweet” button) which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.